Cruise along Catalina Island's Beautiful Coastline on a Jet Ski for one or two!
- If you have a need for speed, this is the activity for you! It’s fun, exciting and doesn’t require any special training.
- Our Jet Skis will seat 2 persons or you can rent one for each of you. It’s up to you!
- We only have a limited number of people who can ride each day and sell out early so reserve your craft ahead of time to guarantee your ride of a lifetime!
- You can book In person, online, or over the phone!
What to Expect
Your trip starts at the green pier in beautiful Avalon Harbor. After check in you will be shuttled to Catalina Island’s famous Jet Ski Barge, located two coves west of Avalon. Our hard-working barge crew members will ensure your ride is fun, safe, and full of excitement! From the barge we offer an enormous open ocean riding area in which you are free to explore the ocean waters off Catalina!
What’s included? We will provide you with a lifejacket, storage for your items, and 10 square miles of beautiful ocean waters to ride on. You may even encounter sea lions or dolphins along your route. The rate includes transportation to the Jet Ski Barge and full instruction on how operate our 2023 Seadoo Jet Skis. Weather may impact this excursion. Please contact us in the event of inclement weather on Catalina Island.
What to bring and wear: Anyone operating the JetSki must have a valid Drivers license and is required to show it during check in. The reservation holder must also bring the credit card used to book. You are going to get wet on this one, so wear your bathing suit or athletic wear and bring a towel and sunscreen. You may also want a hat & sunglasses, but be cautious with wearing them on the ski if you expect to explore at high speeds.
Jet Ski Rental
Duration: 2 total hours
1 hour on jet ski
1 hour for check in and training
Check in at: 22.5 Green Pleasure Pier, Avalon CA 90704
(End Float, very end of the Green Pier)
Why is our excursion time block 2 hours? You will have one full hour of ride time but we ask that you have two hours of your day for us. The second hour of your time is everything procedural. Your check in, safety briefing, lifejacket fitting, transportation to the jet ski barge and back, and you'll be taught how to operate as well.
Restrictions: For your safety, you should be in good health & free from high blood pressure, heart, neck or back problems, motion sickness, or other conditions that could be aggravated by this tour. Those with neck or back concerns/injuries are discouraged from taking this tour. Pregnant guests may not participate. You cannot be under the influence of drugs or alcohol when operating a watercraft.
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
1) MUST BE AT LEAST 18 YRS OF AGE WITH VALID DRIVERS LICENSE TO RENT A WATERCRAFT
2) MUST BE 16 YRS OF AGE WITH VALID DRIVERS LICENSE AND HAVE A GUARDIAN PRESENT TO OPERATE THE WATERCRAFT
3)DRIVERS THAT ARE UNDER 18 WITH A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE WILL BE GIVEN A LEARNERS KEY
4) MUST BE AT LEAST 5 YRS OF AGE TO RIDE ALONG ON A WATERCRAFT
5) NO MORE THAN 400 LBS COMBINED WEIGHT ON ANY WATERCRAFT
6) ONLY 2 RIDERS PER WATERCRAFT, NO EXCEPTIONS, NO SWAP OUTS
7) ABSOLUTELY ZERO TOLERANCE ON DRUGS OR ALCOHOL! If you are under the influence at any time during check in time you will not be allowed to go jet skiing and the booking is NON-REFUNDABLE
8)THERE IS DRY STORAGE ON THE BARGE TO STORE YOUR PERSONAL ITEMS
9) PLEASE COME PREPARED (PROPER CLOTHING, TOWELS, ETC.) WE DO NOT HAVE CHANGING ROOMS
10) WE DO NOT HAVE HAIR TIES AND SUNGLASSES STRAPS FOR SALE AT THE OFFICE (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!)
11) MUST BE IN GOOD PHYSICAL CONDITION (NO HEART PROBLEMS, PREGNANCY, OR ANY OTHER AILMENTS, THIS IS FOR YOUR SAFETY!)
12) TIPS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED :)
13) IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE QUESTIONS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL US AT 310.405.2193
14) RESERVATIONS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED DURING MONTHS JULY THRU SEPTEMBER
15) MOST IMPORTANTLY! HAVE A GREAT TIME! IT'S A BLAST!
16) MUST BRING CREDIT CARD THAT WAS USED TO RESERVE SPOT, CARD MUST MATCH RESERVATION NAME AND DRIVERS LICENSE
Where to meet For Jet Ski Rental
Where Can i keep my BELONGINGs while i'm on the jet ski?
We do provide dry storage at our platform. It is always best to bring only necessities to your activity as storage space may be limited. Catalina Jet Ski is not responsible for lost or stolen goods.
Should I make a reservation?
Yes. Because of the limited number of available Jet Skis, you absolutely should make a reservation as soon as you know you want to go.
How Far is the jet ski office from certain areas?
- Cabrillo Mole Area: 5 minutes
- Basketball/Volleyball/Old Ben Park Area: 3 minutes
- Green Pleasure Pier: 1
- Island Tour Plaza: 5 minutes
- Casino Building: 10-15 minutes
- Descanso Beach: 15-20 minutes